Friday, August 14, 2009

Proud to be an INDIAN… now and always

Celebrating our 62nd year of Independence..



I raise all high to salute to my mother land. This day I would like to pay my due respect for all the greatest of the great freedom fighters who have sacrificed their lives to get us this day.

Though INDIA is still being treated as a developing nation, it has definitely made its mark in the world history. Information Technology, Scientific research, Aviation, Defense, Arts.. You name it and we have our presence in it. Whatever people call us, we Indians have made a mark for ourselves. I am so proud to represent myself an INDIAN.

Reminiscence of the good old bygone days when I used to get all excited to put the paper flag onto my shoulder, with that white sports uniform and keep wishing every one “ Happy Independence Day”. It was an age when I didn’t know if the excitement was because I would be given free candy at school or was it because of the parade that I always liked to watch or because it was one off-study day at school. But whatever it was, it was just fabulous. The sight of everyone raising high for the National anthem gives me that very nice and proud feeling (Gets me those goose bumps ) The song made me so thrilled and charged as ever.



The Celebration continues..

No comments: