Thursday, June 4, 2009

Decision

Peeping back into the past… a couple of years back, I was never given the liberty to take my own decisions.It was always my mom and dad who decided things for me...

Which school to go?
Which transport to take?
What to eat?
What to play with?

But that was all when I was very small. When I didn’t even know how to question. Gradually I started understanding things. That was when the reasoning started and I kept asking them why not that, why this???

Math as a subject. why.. Why not something else?
Girls college....... why.. Why not something different?
Late night movie with friends... why... Why not once in a while?

My parents decided almost everything for me
What to do, what not to do.
Where to go, where not to go.
I was so upset…. Always used to argue… how will I learn things if you don’t let me make mistakes.If you dont give me the control..

and then suddenly things changed...
they gave me the liberty of taking my own decisions

I want go to America, be an independent girl, do my work in my own way… and they said YES… upto you.

At first every things was good... like it usually is. I loved all the freedom, all the individuality which was in my work. Slowly everything was in my control. I was the boss of my own life, I could take any decision I wanted to take. Slowly things were getting bigger and bigger. Questions about my future. Questions of peace of mind, questions of integrity, questions of self respect…. All stated to pop up. And it was getting so tough to handle things. Always had the question of “am I doing it right?” in my mind. I asked my parents each time if what I am in was right… was it right for me, was it right for them. But then I realized I will no more be getting any “To-Do” from them. The only answer that I now get is “You are big enough, you can make your own decisions, go for whatever u think is right!!!”

Huhhh!!

i hate it now. Hate it more than what I hated when I was restricted. I wish they could still take my decisions. Huhh!! But I guess it’s too late. I do not have the control which I can give back nor can they take it. Taking decisions is so hard hitting at times. So much to think about so little. The responsibility that comes along with it is so huge.

And now when i argue with my mom, Why the hell do you guys allow me to take my own decisions? And she says, the time to be protective is over. The time you be responsible is up!!

6 comments:

sharath said...

Nice topic nice presentation.. 20 yrs of u r life u summed it up well in 20 lines... that shows u r writing skills..
Below are few lines for you for making my reading intresting. :)

"There are many who can choose a good topic but only few can give a good title as you do,

There might be many thoughts flowing though a writers mind but only few can present it intrestingly as you do..

Many writers know to start and end a story, but very few like u know when to pause to make a story intresting,

Out those few, many mess it up at the end but the way you end it makes me feel like reading it again.

Yet very few bloggers know the art of keeping a topic alive by replying to the comments(its writer way of saying thank you to their readers) and make it in to a topic of discussion".

Anonymous said...

"CHOICE": To choose something and be happy with it all your life is a blessing..

Soujanya.. said...

im flattered... thanks for your works sharath

Anonymous said...

May be the control is in your hand now but therz alwayz an administrator who cares to avoid you from virus.....Never worry about your decisions....this is just a way our parents helped us differentiate what is good and what is bad by giving us control...Dare to take decisions and however independent we are...we are still within the radius of our parents reach.......

Dhoni/ P.T USHA said...

This is like a relay race.. first your parents hold the torch(decision making right) until u reach 20 (T20-T20) and for the next 5 years u hold the torch by ur self. Quater century. By 25 u share the torch with ur life patner and hold on to it till u reach half century(50 not out). If u are still alive then u pass on this torch to u r childern to make a decision for you. 75 ki kuda not out unte. inka naku teliaydu. but 75 ki out aipothe. every one will make a last final decision from where to send you to heaven (panjagutta nuncha, leka me sitalphal mandi lo undha launching pad).. what say.. waiting for your comment

sharath said...

inni posts rastunav ante.. ila control vere vallaki icheyali ani pisthundhi ante neeku pelli kala vachese time ayindhi..

"Maa Souj Pelli ki randi" papu annam when putting :)